Case Study Highlights
- $47,000 in sponsorship revenue for station
- Over 12,000 votes from 1,200 registered users
- Sponsors already signed on for same contest next year
CIFM-FM (92 CITI FM), a part of Rogers Communications, is a DMA 15 rock radio station in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
We have been running the Master of All Garage Giveaway photo contest for the past 4 years, and our goal for the contest is to increase brand recognition for both our station and our sponsors.
We secured two sponsors for the Master of All Garage Giveaway – Garage Masters and Boston Pizza. The grand prize winner received a $20,000 garage makeover from Garage Masters. In addition, people could win other great prizes from McMunn and Yates Building Supplies.
The photo contest encouraged people to submit photos of their current garages for a chance to win.
The top 3 pictures with the most votes were were given 3 sets of keys for a chance to open the grand prize garage at a special event at Boston Pizza.
Here is what Garage Masters and Boston Pizza each received during the 7 weeks the promotion was live:
- 400 produced promotional announcements
- ~150 on-air mentions
- A minimum of 10 posts each on the 92 CITI-FM Facebook and Twitter pages
- Inclusion in 7 VIP newsletters to be sent out to All Access VIP Members with contest details, including sponsor logos
- Website inclusion on the 92 CITI-FM home, contest, and VIP pages (includes logo, link to sponsor’s website, and customized entry ballot)
- 92 CITI-FM announcers to emcee grand prize event
- 2 dedicated blog posts on our homepage at 92citifm.ca (featuring graphics and links)
- 1 follow up email offer sent to all those who entered the contest (featuring graphics and links)
The Master of All Garage Giveaway contest brought in $47,000 in sponsorship revenue, not including the $20,000 grand prize garage from Garage Masters.
We received 129 submissions, and 1,275 registered users cast a total of 12,587 votes.
This was our 4th year running the promotion, and our advertisers love the custom solution to promote their business and drive awareness of their brand and products. In fact, they are already on board to sponsor the contest again in 2015!