Case Study Highlights
- Over 9,800 deals were sold leading up to the event
- There were 4 different offers corresponding to different ticket types
- The advertiser was delighted with the results
WDIV-TV, a part of Graham Media Group, is a DMA 11 television station in Detroit, Michigan. We had previously dabbled in the daily deals space, but found it to be too time consuming. However, we knew that ecommerce promotions were a significant revenue opportunity, so we rebranded our Real Deal site as a place for big events and monthly deals.
The first offer we featured on this new iteration of our site was for the Michigan Renaissance Festival, and it was a huge hit with our audience.
The offer was for half-price admission to the 2014 Michigan Renaissance Festival. This included both standard Adult tickets ($11 for $22), but also tickets for Seniors ($10 for $20), Students ($10 for $20), and Children ($6.50 for $13).
The Michigan Renaissance Festival began in mid-August, so the promotion ran for the month of July leading up to it.
Our biggest selling point for this deal was the on-air and online exposure the festival would receive as part of its promotion. Since this particular advertiser was already an on-air and online advertiser with the station, they understood the value of this added exposure.
The promotion for the deal included the following:
- A promotional TV on-air schedule
- Online ads on ClickOnDetroit.com, which is the #1 news and media site in Michigan, averaging 30 million pageviews per month
- Posts to social media sites, where we have a network of 250,000 followers
- Email to our contest list of over 100,000 subscribers
The Michigan Renaissance Fair offer brought in $102,000 in revenue, as we sold more than 9,800 deals. The advertiser very happy to have a robust pre-sale for their event.